I recently attended our annual Potomac Youth Leadership Conference in Baltimore, MD. Here, regional youth workers and pastors gathered to revive, relax, and learn the latest strategies in working with a thriving youth group. I know what you are thinking –who has time for a non-work related conference!!?? You do.
What I learned applies to everyday life when collaborating and working with individuals and teams.
- Not Everybody wants your opinion. Some just want to be heard.
- Don’t put your work ahead of your family.
- Bloom where you are planted.
- Be a vision caster.
- You are a representative of your cause – let that carry into your everyday life.
- Buy into the vision of your leader. If you don’t, get out. Work with a vision you can support – always.
- Celebrate wins.
- Show-up and be present.
- Listen to those you support and work for. They have ideas.