I’m Matt Swain and I love marketing. (Seriously).
Marketing is about communication, getting the attention of your audience, and keeping it.
I believe in “purpose-driven” marketing. Define your goal. Tell your story. Stay true to your mission. Every organization has a story to tell. Let’s get creative and tell yours.
I like to help associations, non-profits, marketing agencies, businesses, and other organizations make an impact with their public relations and marketing to help tell their story. With nearly 20 years of digital and traditional marketing and public relations experience, I’ve held director and manager level positions, relied on numerous times as a consultant, and filled freelance roles to help give organizations the extra push they need to take their organization to the next level.
I’ve managed marketing departments, been the “solo-marketer” supporting large sales-driven organizations, created promotions around attendees and exhibitors for large conferences and local programs, and led marketing programs from the ground up. See all 40+ marketing specialties.
I believe in the power of community.
Everyone and every organization should consider their impact on the community. I give back to mine in several ways, including
- Board Member on Gifts Giving Back, a nonprofit focused on literacy and arts.
- Program Committee Member to Marketing Mindshare, a marketing education and networking group part of Top of VA Regional Chamber for businesses in Winchester, Frederick and Clarke Counties
- Board Member to ChildSafe Center – a nonprofit focused on helping children find hope, find their voice, and share their stories to stop abuse.
But wait, there’s more. (I couldn’t resist).
Let’s see…I’ve also
- Created and led marketing campaigns around product launches and company acquisitions
- Rebranded a historic public library system
- Launched an influencer product campaign for kids toys
- Collaborated with and for hard-hitting creative marketing agencies
- Designed specialized attendee and exhibitor programs for one of the largest conferences in the US
- Directed creative marketing strategies and leadership to a national science toy company for kids
- Published case studies for a national certification commission of regulatory compliance
- Saved a new, failing conference and increased attendance by 12% with thousands of dollars under budget
- Promoted advocacy campaigns, including publishing press releases and proclamations, while working with local government
I’ve collaborated on and managed marketing strategies for healthcare consulting firms, marketing agencies, small businesses, non-profit and membership based trade associations, an international language education and translation firm, Microsoft® Partners, and other organizations who want their story to be told.