I’m Matt Swain and I love marketing. (Seriously.)
Marketing is about communication, getting the attention of your audience, and keeping it.
I believe in “purpose-driven” marketing. Define your goal. Tell your story. Stay true to your mission. Every organization has a story to tell. Let’s get creative and tell yours.
20 year creative marketing, public relations, and development leader serving in education, tech, finance, government, marketing agencies, and high-performing non-profits.
• Direct ability to progress ideas/services/products from concept, go to market, and final delivery.
• Proven membership, loyalty, and customer marketing strategies/programs for retention ROI.
• Experienced PR strategist with earned/paid media, thought leadership, case studies, & white papers.
• Educational marketing with national conferences, prof. development, STEM, & life-long learning.
• Develop and nurture partnerships, co-marketing, and revenue-generating sales and opportunities.
• Adept at product development, implementation, and customer insights to make intentional decisions.
Marketing Agency Experience to Make and Impact and Drive Business Forward:
Digital and traditional direct marketing, email marketing, social, copy writing, direct mail, Google Analytics, video marketing, SEO, content, Facebook and IG ads, website development, and more.
Making an Impact: Spoke at GMU Marketing Class for marketing and career development & had an influencer marketing campaign recognized nationally with the American Library Association and used as a best practice template nationwide.
I believe in the power of community.
Everyone and every organization should consider their impact on the community. I give back to mine in several ways, including
- Board Member on Gifts Giving Back, a nonprofit focused on literacy and arts.
- Program Committee Member to Marketing Mindshare, a marketing education and networking group part of Top of VA Regional Chamber for businesses in Winchester, Frederick and Clarke Counties
- Board Member to ChildSafe Center – a nonprofit focused on helping children find hope, find their voice, and share their stories to stop abuse.
But wait, there’s more. (I couldn’t resist.)
Let’s see…I’ve also
- Created and led marketing campaigns around product launches and company acquisitions
- Rebranded a historic public library system
- Launched an influencer product campaign for kids toys
- Collaborated with and for hard-hitting creative marketing agencies
- Designed specialized attendee and exhibitor programs for one of the largest conferences in the US
- Directed creative marketing strategies and leadership to a national science toy company for kids
- Published case studies for a national certification commission of regulatory compliance
- Saved a new, failing conference and increased attendance by 12% with thousands of dollars under budget
- Promoted advocacy campaigns, including publishing press releases and proclamations, while working with local government